Manufacturing-Works is bringing ISO support to Wyoming. We have heard the interest and need and are working to deliver the resources you need to move forward with ISO and other Quality Management Systems. In April we will deliver an ISO internal auditor and informational training.
The new ISO 9001:2015 requirements have some major changes that include increased focus on risk-based thinking, a greater emphasis on leadership engagement, some simplification of language, and is friendlier for knowledge or service based companies. This event will help your organization prepare to navigate the changes and be aware of possible challenges.
If you are interested in ISO certification but are unsure if this is the right next step for your company, here are eight benefits of ISO certification that might help you decide:
1. Improve company and product quality A well-designed, effectively implemented ISO 9001 Quality Management System will help your company improve the quality of your products and services across your entire organization.
2. Drive business from new customers or markets A growing proportion of companies are requiring ISO 9001 certification from their vendors. Once you earn your ISO 9001 certification, you will find that it can open up new markets you were previously unable to access.
3. Meet Customer Requirements, increase customer satisfaction We recommend ISO 9001 certification as a means to establishing a total quality management system. While it may seem desirable to acquire ISO 9001 certification only to meet one important customer’s requirement, the long-term benefits of the certification can hardly be overstated. Companies that leverage their ISO Quality Management System understand that continued customer satisfaction is the ultimate goal. Making quality management system a part of the company culture goes beyond just obtaining ISO certification. Done right, ISO certification will help you reduce product or service errors and maximize internal efficiency resulting in improved customer satisfaction.
4. Describe, Understand, and Communicate Your Company Processes The ISO 9001 standard requires that you identify and describe your processes using business metrics, the purpose of which is to better manage and control your business processes. A focus on quality is the center of the system. You will have metrics enabling you to understand and communicate your system’s performance against your quality objectives. As you take steps to meet the requirements of ISO 9001 certification, you will learn more about your business, your processes, and your team.
5. Develop a Professional Culture and Better Employee Morale Implementing a quality management system like ISO 9001, can empower employees. Your system will provide them with clear expectations (quality goals and job descriptions), the tools to do their job (procedures and work guidelines), and prompt, actionable feedback on their performance related to process metrics. The result is an improved company culture and a more professional staff.
6. Improve consistency and efficiency, reduce waste and costs A quality management system is synonymous with continuous improvement. ISO will help your organization approach perfection through process improvement. It will also result in engaged and informed employees with clear goals and metrics. Improving consistency means your customers receive products and services they can rely on, instead of unpredictable quality. Inefficiency is a result of non-standard and varied processes. By reducing variation you will improve consistency. This leads to less waste…and more money.
7. Achieve International Quality Recognition ISO 9001 is a worldwide standard administered by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), based in Switzerland. ISO 9001 is used by nearly one million organizations around the world. Obtaining ISO 9001 certification puts your company in a select group in your industry and the world.
Please contact us if you would like more information or if you would like an invitation to our ISO event.
Contact Us At: