Lean Manufacturing and Office
Interested in applying Lean to your business?
Find out more about what we offer and what Lean can do for your business.
What is Lean?
Lean is “A systematic approach to identifying and eliminating waste (non-value-added activities) through continuous improvement by flowing the product at the pull of the customer in pursuit of perfection.”
This strategy is used by organizations to help achieve world-class performance, and a more profitable way to run a manufacturing business. This systematic approach will help to identify and eliminate the eight types of waste in a business. Waste is defined as non-value activities — any activity that the customer is not willing to pay additional monies for.
A Lean enterprise embraces a company culture where the employees are empowered and expected to deliver results. Without employee support, you cannot make any changes, especially sustainable changes, within your organization. Your company culture will define how employees perform on the job, their relationship with management, how they react to change, and how well they work with each other. Many companies have achieved higher employee morale, in part because lean manufacturing includes listening to workers and their ideas about how to run things better.
The value of implementing Lean Manufacturing will include:
- Improve quality, safety and productivity
- Define and eliminate waste and focus on value added activities
- Reduce lead times, inventories, and costs
- Optimize space usage
- Improved on time shipments
- Create an empowered work force
- Capitalize on effective teamwork
- Quick changeover
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Open lines of communication from CEO to shop floor
- Support value added activities that customers are willing to pay for
- More focus on the customers expectations and requirements
- improved employee morale
Lean is not a destination — it’s a journey
Contact us about Lean
If you have any questions about Lean or how M-W can help your business please feel free to contact us.
In order for us to contact you please fill in all fields. You may choose to provide your phone number or email or both.