Join the Team
Manufacturing Works is hiring! Here’s your opportunity to join a team of Wyomingites who believe in helping our neighbors succeed.
ACCOUNT AND PROJECT MANAGER – CASPER, WY
Position located in central Wyoming (Casper). Identifies and contacts prospective clients documenting opportunities, generating proposals, and securing Project Agreements. Manages existing accounts, ensuring quality and consistency of service and/or product delivery. Manages the project teams delivering for assigned clients to ensure successful project completion. Develops a customer base within assigned client market. Performs outreach and awareness functions.
Hours worked are typically 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with some early mornings, evenings and/or weekends as necessary. Moderate to extensive in-state travel required with out-of-state travel typically three times each year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a Sales team member for Manufacturing-Works, the Wyoming MEP, and pursues clients to provide them with national and state third-party services.
- Achieve defined sales goals and corporate metrics.
- Pursue potential clients and leads identified by current customers, partners and self-generated contacts in order to promote, propose and close sales for Manufacturing-Works services.
- Assess and resource client needs for services, identify and document opportunities.
- Establish rapport and maintain contact with clients and potential clients.
- Support project impact survey process.
- Engage in community and regional relationships.
- Document business development and project activity into collaboration and CRM tools.
- Report on special developments, information or feedback gathered through field activity.
- Prepare a variety of status reporting, including business development activity, and project status and follow-up.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or manufacturing-related program or equivalent.
- Minimum five years of industry experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two years of leadership and program management experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of business development gained from direct experience and/or formal training.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Master’s degree or MBA.
- Working knowledge of the Manufacturing Extension Program as part of NIST and the DOC.
- Project management experience or certification.
- Experience with implementation and use of quality management systems (ISO, AS, API, etc.
- Demonstrated competency in financial reporting and budgeting.
- Hands-on business development and planning.
- Experience working with multiple partners, stakeholders, and community leaders.
- Sales ad/or business expansion experience.
- Manufacturing operations cost reduction, and process improvement.
Complete the on-line application, attaching the following, as one PDF document:
- Cover letter should include a brief (< 1 page) narrative describing how your background makes you the ideal candidate for this position.
- Contact information for, and your association with, four professional references.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Primary Location: US-WY-Casper
Job: Administrative & Executive
Posted Salary Range From: 70,000
Posted Salary Range To: 90,000
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing