Join the Team
Manufacturing Works is hiring!
Find the link to apply online within the opportunities listed below.
Account and Project Manager
The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.
Position located in Wyoming. Identifies and contacts prospective clients documenting opportunities, generating proposals, and securing Project Agreements. Manages existing accounts, ensuring quality and consistency of service and/or product delivery. Manages the project teams delivering for assigned clients to ensure successful project completion. Develops a customer base within assigned client market. Performs outreach and awareness functions.
Hours worked are typically 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with some early mornings, evenings and/or weekends as necessary. Moderate to extensive in-state travel required with out-of-state travel typically three times each year.
This position is eligible for remote work and/or a flexible work schedule.
This position is grant funded and considered at-will employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a Sales team member for Manufacturing-Works, the Wyoming MEP, and pursues clients to provide them with national and state third-party services.
- Achieve defined sales goals and corporate metrics.
- Pursue potential clients and leads identified by current customers, partners and self-generated contacts in order to promote, propose and close sales for Manufacturing-Works services.
- Assess and resource client needs for services, identify and document opportunities.
- Establish rapport and maintain contact with clients and potential clients.
- Support project impact survey process.
- Engage in community and regional relationships.
- Document business development and project activity into collaboration and CRM tools.
- Report on special developments, information or feedback gathered through field activity.
- Prepare a variety of status reporting, including business development activity, and project status and follow-up.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum three years of industry experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of business development gained from direct experience and/or formal training.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Valid driver’s license with a motor vehicle record (MVR) that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy
- Master’s degree or MBA.
- Working knowledge of the Manufacturing Extension Program as part of NIST and the DOC.
- Project management experience or certification.
- Experience with implementation and use of quality management systems (ISO, AS, API, etc.
- Demonstrated competency in financial reporting and budgeting.
- Hands-on business development and planning.
- Experience working with multiple partners, stakeholders, and community leaders.
- Sales ad/or business expansion experience.
- Manufacturing operations cost reduction, and process improvement
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application:
- Cover letter, resume or C.V.
- Contact information for four work-related references.
UW is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation to apply for a position, please call 307-766-2377 or email email@example.com.
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a town of 30,000 in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. The state of Wyoming continues to invest in its university, helping to make it a leader in academics, research and outreach. The university has state-of-the-art facilities in many areas and the community provides the advantages of a major university.
Located in a high mountain valley near the Colorado border, Laramie offers both outstanding recreational opportunities and close proximity to Colorado’s Front Range, a bustling group of metropolitan cities including Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. This beautiful mountain landscape offers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons, with over 300 days of sunshine annually. For more information about the region, please visit http://visitlaramie.org/