Frequently Asked Questions
What is CONNEX™?
Who’s behind CONNEX™?
CONNEX™ is being rolled out and supported by:
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology’s Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NIST-MEP)
- State MEP Network Partners, including Manufacturing Works
- The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) & Wyoming Economic Development Corporation
- Legislators, economic developers and chambers of commerce
- Other state leaders and business associations
What is the Manufacturers Marketplace and how does it work with CONNEX™ Wyoming?
What’s in it for me? Why should I get in on CONNEX™ Wyoming?
- Detailed Supplier Directory. Detailed listings combined with the extensive search capability of CONNEX™ helps you find qualified domestic suppliers with the specific products, services and manufacturing capabilities you need. You can also use it to find new customers whose needs fit your capabilities.
- Network, Interact & Connect. Powerful interactive networking tools let you see and be seen by people in the statewide and national supply chain. You can:
- Connect with buyers, primes, OEMs and other qualified manufacturers who have what you need, or who need what you have
- Participate in OEM purchasing events, matchmaking sessions and industry forums designed to help grow your domestic supplier base
- Post and respond to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Publish needs or surplus notifications
- Advertising & Promotion. CONNEX™ was built to strengthen U.S. manufacturing. Even if you never use it for anything else, you should make sure your listing can work for you to promote your business. You control your listing and provide searchable details about your company’s products and capabilities so potential customers can find you.
How will CONNEX™ help strengthen my Supply Chain?
Does CONNEX™ allow me to post business needs or find business opportunities?
I struggle to see the breadth of my supply chain. What can I do?
How do I find Wyoming suppliers?
What does it cost to access CONNEX™ Wyoming?
Because of the support behind this initiative, access to CONNEX™ Wyoming is being provided free of charge to Wyoming manufacturers. Manufacturers who join between September 29 and November 29 , 2022, will also receive free access to the Manufacturers Marketplace for life, only through Manufacturing Works.
How do I request a CONNEX™ Wyoming account?
To create an account:
- Visit https://app.connexmarketplace.com/create-account
- Click the “Request an Account” button, fill out the form, and submit
- You will receive a response within two business days
How do I access my free lifetime account to Manufacturers Marketplace?
First, get your login to CONNEX™ Wyoming. Then, when you do a search within the CONNEX™ Wyoming platform, you will be given an option to expand to the national database in the Manufacturers Marketplace. Choose that option. You will then be prompted to set up your national profile. Do this between September 29 and November 29, 2022, to receive FREE access for life to the national Manufacturers Marketplace database system (a $500/year value).
Who do I contact with any questions regarding CONNEX™ Wyoming?
If you have questions or need more information, click here to e-mail Manufacturing Works.